Saturday, December 13, 2008

life at the mill.

Dadadada.....
Finally i get down from the factory and having a day off at downtown. Had a very boring days at mill factory, finally my aunt bring me here, Jesselton cafe, to get connected. Of course, you have to pay at least a cup of drink to enjoy the speedy wifi here. You cant believe, this is not a starbucks, but prices are similar. Live in my hometown, not cheap anymore.

Just a brief on my work place. the palm oil mill. oil extracting factory.

Blogspot messed up the arrangement of the pictures posted. haizzZz start from the back then.

I work at the lab. My work is to control and maintain the palm oil quality by doing experiment the samples occasionally. Also have to calculate the oil losses in the end product or by product at the end of process by doing experiment on the samples too.

That is the signs found from the lab. But seems nobody following the rules. those kampung boys handle the chemicals bare handed. my god. they could have burnt their figures someday. because we are dealing with iso-octane, hexane, sulphuric acid, isopropyl alchohol, this and that, highly corrosive chemicals, still they do every experiment with unproper utensils and their measurements have never be accurate or precised. BUT of course i have to tell something good in the report that i have to submit by the end of the training la.
I insisted to at least wear hand gloves while doing the experiment, don't care how people at me, but i just want to take care of my health and handle the chemicals carefully and safely.


The first few days, i had been assigned to only observe people on how to do the testings, while no testings undergoing, then i had been given few files to analysia the production plant by myself. Because, most of the workers they are foreigeners, they did not get proper education on the process and all, so the explanation is not that clear, i have to read, analyse and take note by myself. But some of them like the chief could explain more to me if he is free. Sometimesssss

That is the lab. Stinky, full of palm oil smell.

another angle of the lab

this is where i live. single room with a single bed and facilitated with air con, without remote control. VERY VERY COLD at night. Broken ceiling fan under the bed.

my work time is from 7am to 6pm. Back to room, continue watching the series i have in hand.

I listen and speak malay the most in my life. so little of them understand english or either chinese. feel the difficulty in communicating. but i will try to overcome it. Since malay is the main bahasa in malaysia. time to learn back my malay skill. hehe.

til then. next update would be hmmmmm not sure when will i be going downtown again.
ta~

4 more weeks to go.

No comments: