Sunday, July 20, 2008

No doubt. I have chinese in my blood.

I was walking pass Jalan Alor this evening, to the car park at the another end of the road. As you know, Jalan Alor is a street full of local Malaysian food stalls there. Whole row of restaurants with the SAME type of food. Char kuey teow, ikan bakar, satay, rojak, durian, coconut, nasi lemak, wan tan mee, Gai fan, and alottttttttttttt more. Very competitve among them i guess. So there will be people coming out from their own restaurant, taking their half torn, browish menu to you, "promoting" their specialty.

In cantonese, between a chinese lady and me.

The auntie: siu jie, yiu sek meh ye? hou hou sek gah.

Me: *wave hand expressing a NO in silence*

The auntie: gei dou wei ar? 4 wei ar? lei li dou cho, hou liong gah.

Me: *giving an unpleasant smile expressing a NO in silence*

The auntie: ah moi ar, mahu makan apa? sini apa pun ada. semua banyak sedap. marilah duduk sini.

Me: *walk away in an incredible fast speed*

This kinda situation did not happen just once, but FEW times at that damn street.

For your information, I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE TO BE MISUNDERSTOOD ABOUT MY ORIGIN. wth. HARLO everyone, I am a chinese. I speak chinese. I write chinese. I understand chinese. OKAY? I do not answer to you because your food does not seem attractive to my stomach, that's all.

And also, not to be offensive, i do not think those who speaks malay, will be eating at those restaurants, so what's the point of you speaking malay to me or rather to the customers??

donkeys!!!

No comments: