Saturday, December 22, 2007

Youth Winter Camp in ZhongShan.

Shenzhen--> Guangdong, ZhongShan. I supposed to find my root there. At the end, my kampung was not included in ZhongShan city anymore. In the old days, in the same village, all the villagers would had the same surname. For my village, the organizer told me, they all might be migrated to somewhere else ady, no longer in china. Haiz.... where are all my Sen's relatives??

Alright. In China, we were served as VIP there. YES it is true trust me. Because this camp is organized by the ZhongShan city council, so everything you stay, you eat, you see, all kinda LUXURY! We stayed in 5-stars hotel, with only 3 persons occupying the whole apartment. We ate 10 dishes, 1 soup for EVERY meal. Chinese people, they have a tradition, if you finish up all the food, they might think that you still need more food, they will just keep topping up the dishes. That's crazy. That's why you can see so many left over after each meal.

We went to zoo.
I met panda.
We went to theme park.
I didn't play much as usual. I appreciate my life.
We went to Doc. Sun Yat-Sen former residence.
I was impressed by the effort that his wives made for him.
We went to ChenFang's residence and ZanYuan.
You never know the how HUGE was the residents in the old days.
We picked fights in war game.
I got few bruises on arms. Damn it. I can shoot precisely.
We made our own pottery.
My masterpiece was just zzzzzzZZZ.
We learned Chinese Kungfu.
Still very lembik. Muscular cramp after that.
We learned dragon dance.
I took the role of the dragon head. 6-7kg in weight.
We shopped around.
China stuffs are cheap!~ Most of the things. Somehow the quality was fairly okay only.







Okay... this is crazy. one of the dinner, fried silk worms was being served on our table. OMG. Luckily all cooked, if one of them moving, OH MAMA, i will faint away for sure. Day after we have cockroaches. As they people said. those are water cockroaches. It taste like prawn.

Menu i found in my hotel. Left page, zoom into the second phrase. Right page, zoom into the third phrase. I have a good laugh at it.




Chinese, always smart business men.
Reached a place where they named this Pedestrian Street. Similar to bukit bintang. I went into a boutique, i saw a jacket, kinda big size, it was a man size. ( in china, hardly find ladies size which suits me, their XL is M there, but basically almost all free size.) There was a salesgirl there, kept approaching me to try on her clothes. I tried, seems i need a bigger size.

Salesgirl: We have another size, which is bigger.
Me: How much?
Salesgirl: 80 yuan.
Me: no way. such thing cost me 80 yuan. don be silly.
Salesgirl: then, you give me a price.
Me: 30 yuan.
Salesgirl: What. Cant deal. No profit.
Me: nah. It's okay. Thank you.

10 steps away from the shop.

Sales YELLED at me: If you are really want to buy this, add another 5 yuan more.
I returned: Alright. If you can get me a size which suit me.

She pull down the sample from the rack, saying wanna let her staffs at another shop to check stock.
5mins later. the jacket came back. I tried on. I started to feel weird. Why is the same size as the before? The old one is not on the rack, where has it been? I asked the girl, can i try on the old one for one more time, she answered me blurry. What the hell, obviously, THEY ARE THE SAME! What the fuck. They thought this kinda silly trick and beat me down. At the end, i still bought it, coz VERY CHEAP for a jacket. 35 yuan which is around 15 in ringgit.

If you wanna bargain in china, you have to recharge all your energy, train up the debating skill, gain more experience. They people seriously crazy one, talk to you like wanna pick a fight with you. So in that place i shopped, you can see the people keep coming out foul as LOUD as they can all the time. Initially they like to open a high price for you. then you set your own price which compatibility to the thing you buying, from there, keep raising until you don't think it worths tat price anymore. Tat's the normal situation where customers starting to step out the shop, and the sales will 'persuade' in a RUDE way.

No comments: